A vacuum cleaner is fast becoming an indispensable part of everyday life. However, there are still people who advocate the use of the traditional broom and mop for cleaning the floors. Is it because they are prejudiced against change brought about by modern technology ? Are they really as good as some make them out to be?
Let us try and find out whether it is indeed a wise decision to invest in a good vacuum cleaner as an integral part of home floor cleaning, and whether it can help.
1. Saves Energy
The traditional methods involve more manual labor. The same motions are repeated several times in order to achieve cleaning. A vacuumon the other hand, reduces this, and helps to save your energy and effort while cleaning.
2. Saves Time
A good vacuum will surely save you time, as it is motorized and equipped to do a quicker job. In today’s fast paced world, this can be a big advantage.
3. Different Varieties
You can always find the cleaner which is suited to your floor and to your temperament.
- If you do not wish to bend too much and have sufficient storage space, you can go for the upright model.
- If you want more mobility in order to clean that staircase or other remote areas, you can choose a canister model.
- If you prefer a lighter machine, then the stick model is ideal.
- Hand-held mini vacuums are available which can supplement your main vacuum, particularly if it does not have many attachments.
- If you want to eliminate manual work altogether, the newer robotic vacuums are a great option. They will merrily bounce around, doing all your cleaning work while you look on fondly. It is more like having your own personal assistant doing your work while you enjoy a good rest.
4. Bag and Bin Models
Two varieties are available as far as collection of dust is concerned:
- Vacuums with bags – The bags are larger and have more capacity to collect dust. However, it is cumbersome to change bags frequently and can be more expensive too.
- Bag less vacuums with reusable bins – These may be economical in the long run. Also, because they are transparent, it is easier to know when the bin needs to be cleared.
You can choose either variety as per your personal preference.
5. HEPA Filter
Many cleaners are equipped with this feature. This is particularly useful for people who suffer from allergies. These filters are very effective in removing pet hair and dust mites, and thus prevent allergic reactions because of these, while cleaning.
Because vacuum cleaners work by suction, they are less likely to cause scratches and damage to your floor. For effective cleaning, it is important to choose a machine with adequate suction power. A vacuum with at least. 200 air watts is generally considered good.
7. Comes With Accessories
Most cleaners come with a variety of accessories to facilitate various aspects of cleaning, whether it is reaching the inaccessible areas under your furniture, or cleaning the corners and crevices. This can be quite a challenge if you are cleaning in the traditional way.
Considering all these facts, investing in a good machine that suits your specific needs and temperament, seems to be a wise decision. Of course, you will need to take care not to leave your small but precious items in the way of the vacuum cleaner. It has a voracious appetite, and might just swallow them up!
- Reasons to Invest in a Good Vacuum Cleaner For Your Floors October 23, 2015
- Michael Dawson’s Natural Vitiligo Treatment Review October 16, 2015
- 10 Cleaning Myths You Might Have Bought Into Your Whole Life February 25, 2015
- Looking For A Quality Handheld Vacuum? Look No Further! April 17, 2014
- Why More Expensive Vacuums For Hardwood Are Worth it February 18, 2014
- 10 Tips to Find the Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors June 22, 2013
- How To Find The Best Blender For Healthy Smoothies June 17, 2013
- Watching Pharmacy Technician Videos to Become More Competant June 14, 2013
- How to Stop Corruption June 9, 2013